legacy /8

Michael Dillon wavetossed at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 3 18:07:26 UTC 2010

> Not often you hear something that has changed just about every aspect of
> life and enabled things that could not be imagined at its outset  called
> a failure

Sounds like you are describing the Roman Empire. It failed and that's why
we now have an EU in its place.

Things change. Time to move on.

IPv4 has run out of addresses and we are nowhere near finished GROWING
THE NETWORK. IPv6 was created to solve just this problem, and 10 years
ago folks started deploying it in order to be ready. By 5 years ago, every
significant router on the market supported IPv6. Now that we actually need
IPv6 in order to continue network growth, most ISPs are in the fortunate
position that their network hardware already supports it well enough, so
the investment required is minimized.

--Michael Dillon