legacy /8

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Sat Apr 3 17:24:49 UTC 2010

That is true and we have little choice at this point but we had 10 years
and simply encapsulating v4 in v4 could have been implemented at the
router level years ago with little problem years ago.  And forget about
the IETF at this point because they would not have had to be involved
with this.  It is operating within the v4 spec that was already
specified, they would not have had to do anything.  Call it v4^2 and
implement it initially at the router level and then eventually customer
demand pulls it down to the end system level with tcp/ipip becoming the
standard.  It was really just a muse (the point of the smiley at the
end).

I will be in the process of deploying v6 once I get a current project
put to bed.  Where did I put that helmet?