legacy /8

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Fri Apr 2 22:43:31 UTC 2010

Jeroen van Aart wrote:
> Cutler James R wrote:
>> I also just got a fresh box of popcorn.  I will sit by and wait
>
> I honestly am not trying to be a troll. It's just everytime I glance
> over the IANA IPv4 Address Space Registry I feel rather annoyed about
> all those /8s that were assigned back in the day without apparently
> realising we might run out.
Yes. We should all jump up and down and complain about the early
adopters who were present at the time and helped develop (and fund the
development of) the Internet into something that pays most of our
paychecks today.

Or not.

And of course some of the folks who got /8s early on have turned them
back. Others have merged into entities who use a whole lot of the space.

Matthew Kaufman