Books for the NOC guys...

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Fri Apr 2 18:53:53 UTC 2010

While not the stevens book,

"the illustrated network" isbn 978-0-12-374541-5 was a pretty good
attempt to do a modern version of the same. any book that attempts to
cover all layers of the stack is going to have it's limits, but it has
saved my bacon a couple of times now...

The author is normally a juniper press author and as a result the
examples that aren't done on freebsd or linux systems are done on junos
which is either a benifit or a drawback depending on your environment.

disclaimer, I did review it for content/accuracy, but wasn't compensated
for doing so.

joel