100% want IPv6 - Was: New Linksys CPE, IPv6 ?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Thu Apr 1 16:00:42 UTC 2010

On 04/01/2010 08:13 AM, david raistrick wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
>
>> On 03/31/2010 08:52 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>>> We have just (anecdotally, empirically) established earlier in this
>>> thread, that anything smaller than a mid-sized business, can't even
>>> *GET* IPv6 easily (at least in the USA); much less care about it.
>>
>> fwiw, that last time I was at a company that needed a prefix, we wrote
>> up an addressing plan, applied, received an assignment, payed our money
>> and were done. if a pool of public addresses are a resource you need to
>

> But were you able to get transit that let you use the address space?

The entities that we pay money to to provide us with ip transit were
willing to carry our ipv6 prefix yes, at the time, not all of them could
do it on the first-hop router.

> I'm sure it's getting better, but as recently as 2 years ago it was near
> impossible to get for most areas (and most providers, and most colo
> facilities).

talk to your sales person, then make sure that their AS appears in the
ipv6 DFZ. The well connected ASes at the center of the graph are
prepared to sell you services.