100% want IPv6 - Was: New Linksys CPE, IPv6 ?

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Thu Apr 1 03:12:53 UTC 2010

On 31/03/10 22:14 -0300, jim deleskie wrote:
>I'm a real life user, I know the difference and I could careless about
>v6.  most anything I want I is on v4 and will still be there long
>after ( when ever it is) we run out of v4 addresses.  If I'm on a

 From a content perspective, you may be right. Those with a quickly
dwindling supply of v4 addresses will most likely use what they have left
for business customers, and for content.

However, there will be a time when a significant number of
customers will not be able to access your content.

>content provider and I'm putting something new online I want everyone
>to see, they will find  away for all of us with v4 and credit cards to
>see it, and not be so worried about developing countries or the sub 5%
>of people in developed countries for now.  I'm sure @ some point v6

What percentage of sales are you willing to eat?

>will see the business need, but while I'm expect to have to deploy it
>for marketing reasons, I hope its someone else's problem but its a
>must have for real business.

Are you willing to gamble your business on your expectations? Business
models will develop that will take advantage of global addressing to end
devices. The Next Big (Nth) Thing will. Do you feel that you have a perfect
Crystal Ball, or do you want to start hedging your bets now?

--
Dan White