<Help with GSR QOS configuration - COS and IP Precedence>

Michael Ruiz mruiz at telwestservices.com
Thu Sep 24 17:30:44 UTC 2009

Hello Folks,

                I am a different problem here this time It is on my Cisco 12008.  I currently have two types of access cards installed into the chassis.  I have a CHOC12-DS1/IR-SC card and a 6-CT3-SMB card.  I am running QOS on the unit.  I get this error when I do apply this command "tx-cos DS1-TX."  What brought this about was when t he service policy was entered the Queing strategy did not change. It still said FIFO. In slot 1 I have a channelized 6-CT3-SMB card installed.  Our previous engineer discovered that because the 6-CT3 card is an Engine 1 card and not an Engine 3 card, there are limitation of what you can do with the QOS of the line card itself.  So you have to setup almost like frame-relay type setup.   The question I have, is there limitation on the number of queuing strategies you can run at one time?

ar1.DLLSTXHW#show int ser 1/0/1:0

Serial1/0/1:0 is up, line protocol is up

  Hardware is Channelized-T3

  Internet address is

  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1536 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec, rely 255/255, load 35/255

  Encapsulation PPP, crc 16, loopback not set

  Keepalive set (10 sec)

  LCP Open

  Open: IPCP

  Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:13:45

  Queueing strategy: fifo --à

  Output queue 0/40, 0 drops; input queue 0/75, 0 drops

     45738 packets input, 9931625 bytes, 0 no buffer

     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort

     67213 packets output, 22609196 bytes, 0 underruns

     0 carrier transitions alarm present

  Timeslot(s) Used: 1-24, Transmitter delay is 0 flags

  non-inverted data

ar1.DLLSTXHW#show run int ser 1/0/1:0

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 271 bytes

!

interface Serial1/0/1:0

no ip redirects

 no ip unreachables

 no ip directed-broadcast

 no ip proxy-arp

 encapsulation ppp

 no cdp enable

 service-policy output VOICE

end

ar1.DLLSTXHW(config-if)#tx-cos DS1-TX

service-policy is already configured on interface, tx-cos is not allowed

On my Channelized OC12 facilities I use the service policy command to add my Policy MAP to the interface.

ar1.DLLSTXHW#show policy-map

  Policy Map VOICE

    Class VOICE

      priority

    Class class-default

      random-detect precedence-based

ar1.DLLSTXHW#show class

ar1.DLLSTXHW#show class-map

 Class Map match-any class-default (id 0)

   Match any

 Class Map match-any VOICE (id 7)

   Match ip  precedence 5

ar1.DLLSTXHW#show access