Gmail Down?

Alexander Harrowell a.harrowell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 17:27:43 UTC 2009

On Thursday 24 September 2009 16:53:32 Jeff MacDonald wrote:
> On Thursday 24 September 2009 11:20:06 Michael Holstein wrote:
> > > Anyone else seeing Google's Gmail down right now?
>
> I am not able to use "google talk" at the moment. each time I try to send
> an IM, I get a "500" error.

London (UK) - mail is up over IMAP. The "contacts list"/chatbox in Gmail is a
Web wrapper around their Google Talk XMPP server, which I use through a
standalone IM client. And guess what? I can log in but presence-and-
availability info isn't being updated. talk.google.com returns "Your message
could not be delivered - reason:"""