Gmail Down?

Paul Vixie vixie at isc.org
Thu Sep 24 16:08:28 UTC 2009

cabenth <cabenth at gmail.com> writes:

> Gmail is definitely been having a hard time this morning.
>
> Stand by for the comments from the peanut gallery about allowing google
> to scan your e-mail, etc.... like last time Gmail had an issue.

i recently explored webmail for my family and found "prayer", which is a
pure C application (no php, no perl) built on the uw-imap c-client library.
it's blindingly fast even for thousands of huge mailboxes stored in MH
format.  anyone who was using "the cloud" because they couldn't stand the
poor performance of the apache-based webmail systems should take a look.

<http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~dpc22/prayer/> is the home page.  though i
found it in freebsd </usr/ports/mail/prayer>.
--
Paul Vixie
KI6YSY