SAS70 Type II compliant colo providers - Chicago, IL

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Tue Sep 22 23:52:04 UTC 2009

On Sep 22, 2009, at 11:54 AM, Andy Ashley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would really appreciate any recommendations for SAS70 Type II
> compliant colocation providers in Chicago, IL

Andy -

    As an FYI, SAS 70 Type II compliance means whatever that
provider's "SAS 70 Type II" audit document states for controls, i.e.
there is no specific requirements associated with SAS 70 Type II, only
that you publish a documented set of management and security controls
and then are audited for compliance against that list.  That may not
be realized by the folks who've sent you to go get SAS 70 Type II
compliant hosting, but is something that you probably want to keep in
mind since little items like generators and door locks aren't
necessarily included.

/John