Router for a file hosting service

Fouant, Stefan Stefan.Fouant at neustar.biz
Tue Sep 22 16:38:56 UTC 2009

Sounds like a Juniper MX480 would be a good fit for what you are trying to do.  It should support the port densities you are looking for, plus you can group several interfaces into common bridge groups.  Furthermore, you should be able to support full-route tables, perform Filter-Based Forwarding for policy routing, classification, queuing, re-marking, etc. all at line-rate, or pretty darn close.

Stefan Fouant
Neustar, Inc. / Principal Engineer
46000 Center Oak Plaza Sterling, VA 20166
Office: +1.571.434.5656 ▫ Mobile: +1.202.210.2075 ▫ GPG ID: 0xB5E3803D ▫ stefan.fouant at neustar.biz