Google Pagerank and "Class-C Addresses"

david raistrick drais at icantclick.org
Mon Sep 21 20:09:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, David Hubbard wrote:

> We've had customers leave and go elsewhere after refusing to give them
> IP's they didn't need because they were convinced by some SEO 'expert'
> that they need a bunch of doorway sites on a variety of /24's.  If
> someone is willing to leave their host over that, there are certainly
> going to be hosts willing to dish up IP's for SEO reasons, and the waste
> of addresses continues.

I'll take that one further:

I got -fired- my first day after explaining why using proxy servers spread
across the world to "present" websites from different IP addresses a) did
nothing to help their search result rankings and b) was a complete waste
of resources.....

Some people just don't want to know.

--
david raistrick        http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html