Google Pagerank and "Class-C Addresses"

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Mon Sep 21 19:28:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Ray Burkholder <ray at oneunified.net> wrote:

> Just in case anyone cares, from personal experience, I can see that
> Google's
> priority is indeed 'rank by content'.  Everything else is fluff.

This is not true.  It's been well documented that PageRank uses a number of
metrics, probably the most important of them (in terms of ranking) being the
number of links to a page or site (and I believe, the PageRank of the
pages/websites those links come from).

One of my websites has consistently been in the top 10 or at worst top 20
results when searching for the word "megapixel" despite the word only
appearing on the resulting page about 4 times - if it was simply content
based there's no way that site would be ranked so highly.

  Scott.