West Coast U.S. interesting outage 21 Sept. ~1105h UTC

Aaron Hughes aaronh at bind.com
Mon Sep 21 16:58:44 UTC 2009

All,

This morning around 0405h PDT there were several odd network outages around LA where packets simply stopped forwarding in several networks. I saw no circuit drops, however, several massive traffic drops. Thus far I have heard (unconfirmed) Telia had some kind of capacity drop / equipment failure and it has been fixed. Does anyone have any details on this and/or can confirm/deny this was a Telia outage?

Cheers,
Aaron

--

Aaron Hughes
aaronh at bind.com
+1-831-824-4161
Key fingerprint = AD 67 37 60 7D 73 C5 B7 33 18 3F 36 C3 1C C6 B8
http://www.bind.com/