Cisco 7600 vs ASR 9000

Alex H. Ryu r.hyunseog at ieee.org
Mon Sep 21 16:38:22 UTC 2009

What about 7600-S models ?
I think Cisco is claiming that Cisco 7600-S (7606S, etc...) chassis is
ready for less than 50 ms switching time with right software.
For routing, you can setup graceful restart or something like that.

For Cisco ASR9000, I couldn't say much, because it is new product.
When I checked Cisco product lines around January 2009, it wasn't there.
So I consider it as still beta test product at customer's expense. :-)

Alex