FOSS WAN Acceleration Software

Ryan Wilkins ryan at deadfrog.net
Mon Sep 21 00:20:55 UTC 2009

While not FOSS, supposedly Cisco routers with reasonably current IOS
releases have RBSCP support which hints at acting in this capacity.
I've wanted to test it since the majority of our networks are over
satellite, but most of the modems we use have WAN acceleration built
in and thus the need to try RBSCP has been low.

If you try it and it works I'd be interested to hear your results.

Regards,
Ryan Wilkins