cross connect reliability

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Thu Sep 17 21:54:49 UTC 2009

Hello Michael:

I agree with their Reason for Outage, but it sounds like a design issue.
We prewire all of our switches to patch panels so they don't get touched
once they're installed.  The patch panels are much more friendly to
insertions and removals than a 48 port 1-U switch.  We also have
multiple connections on the fiber side to avoid those failures.  With
all of that, we still have failures, but their effect and frequency are
minimized.

Mike

--
Michael K. Smith - CISSP, GISP
Chief Technical Officer - Adhost Internet LLC mksmith at adhost.com
w: +1 (206) 404-9500 f: +1 (206) 404-9050
PGP: B49A DDF5 8611 27F3  08B9 84BB E61E 38C0 (Key ID: 0x9A96777D)