Repeated Blacklisting / IP reputation

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 20:31:04 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 4:23 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:01:48 PDT, Shawn Somers said:
>
>>   Anyone that intentionally uses address space in a manner that they
>> know will cause it to become contaminated should be denied on any
>> further address space requests.
>
> You *do* realize that the people you're directing that paragraph at are
> able to say with a totally straight face: "We're doing nothing wrong and
> we have *no* idea why we end up in so many local block lists"?

Also, you can very well disable new allocations to Spammer-Bob, did
you also know his friend Sue is asking now for space? Sue is very
nice, she even has cookies... oh damn after we allocated to her we
found out she's spamming :(

Spammers have a lot of variables to change in this equation, RIR's
dont always have the ability to see all of the variables, nor
correlate all of the changes they see :(

-Chris