Repeated Blacklisting / IP reputation

Shawn Somers Shawn.Somers at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:01:48 UTC 2009

I'd be more than happy to see this, with the added caveat that anyone
that returned address space to ARIN that was subsequently marked as
'contaminated', should undergo a review process when attempting to
obtain new address space. Charge them for the review process

  Anyone that intentionally uses address space in a manner that they
know will cause it to become contaminated should be denied on any
further address space requests.

Another option, is to hit them where it matters. Assign fines and fees
for churning address space and returning it as contaminated. Set the
fee's on a sliding scale based on the amount of contamination and churn.
the more contamination, the higher the fee.

Shawn Somers

---------