Dedicated Route Reflectors

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 00:35:15 UTC 2009

Hi,

There are multiple ways you can solve that problem. We do the following:

1. Each region has its own ibgp cluster with 2 route reflectors
(usually the P nodes, since they seem to have abundance of CPU power
and not much to do with it).
2. All route reflectors (across regions) are fully meshed. We thought
a bit about creating two 'super' route servers, but then then number
of adjecencies is not that big ( we only have a few regions ).

Regarding internet traffic - we keep the Internet in a VPN, all PEs
that host that VPN are fully meshed and advertise only a default to
the common route reflectors (in their corresponding regions). Each
internet PE uses different RD, so there are multiple default routes
present in the regions.

kind regards
Pshem