Hijacked Blocks

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Sep 14 20:47:59 UTC 2009

> I haven't followed this entire string.  Are you saying ARIN is repeatedly handing out address space to known abusers?  If that's the case then yes, some form of policy should be worked on.

i might walk more slowly and with a bit less self-righteousness.  this
is not a simple area.  are we sure we want the rirs to become the net
content police?  how are they to judge?

e.g., prudent isps act against a customer when there is a court order,
not when the net gossip says they're bad actors.  i.e., the decision of
who is a bad actor is passed on to the society's normal judicial
process.

randy