<Keepalives are temporarily in throttle due to closed TCP window>

Michael Ruiz mruiz at telwestservices.com
Mon Sep 14 16:05:01 UTC 2009

I am having difficulty maintaining my BGP session from my 6509 with
Sup-7203bxls to a 7206 VXR NPE-400.  The session bounces every 3
minutes.  I do have other IBGP sessions that are established with no
problems, however, this is the only IBGP peer that is bouncing
regularly.

cr1.AUSTTXEE#show ip bgp neighbors 67.214.64.100

<SNIP>

  BGP state = Established, up for 00:02:54

  Last read 00:00:53, last write 00:02:54, hold time is 180, keepalive
interval is 60 seconds

  Keepalives are temporarily in throttle due to closed TCP window

  Neighbor capabilities:

    Route refresh: advertised and received(new)

    Address family IPv4 Unicast: advertised and received

  Message statistics:

What does exactly the message mean and how do I stabilize this?  Any
help will be appreciated.

Michael Ruiz

Network Engineer

Office 210-448-0040

Cell 512-744-3826

mruiz at telwestservices.com <mailto::mruiz at telwestservices.com>

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he
bounces when he hits bottom."

 - General George S. Patton Jr.

How am I doing?  Please email my Director of Engineering Jared Martin
with any feedback at: jmartin at telwestservices.com