WS-X6148A-GE-TX performance question

Holmes,David A dholmes at mwdh2o.com
Thu Sep 10 22:15:32 UTC 2009

Cisco recommends both cards for access-layer use, principally as wiring
closet aggregation for desktop users. Cisco recommends 65xx or 67xx line
cards for backbone (read deterministic) connections, which means that
only 65xx devices with sup720s, or older switch fabric modules can be
used for deterministic network design.

Note that Etherchannel limitations apply to both cards. Also running one
port in a group of 8 at line rate ( for example using that port as a
SPAN destination for a VLAN where traffic exceeds 1 Gbps) will cause
drops on the other ports in the group.

(see
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_tech_note09186a
0080094714.shtml )