Wireless STM-1 link

Kenny Sallee kenny.sallee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 16:06:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 2:55 AM, Rens <rens at autempspourmoi.be> wrote:

> All the interfaces are forced to 1Gbps and full duplex.
>
> Maybe I should give some extra info.
> All the traffic seems to pass ok via that link but I have seen that often
> OSPF adjacencies go down/up , I suspect that the HELLO packets are being
> dropped that pass via that link.
>
> That's why I started to look a little deeper and do some ping tests.

Seems everyone has focused on GE as the problem.  You can quickly rule that
out by looking at interface error counters and doing PING tests from the
wireless router/device to something on the local network on both sides.  If
OSPF is flapping because of missed HELLO packets then I'm thinking you have
a problem with either saturation on the link or actual wireless issues.
 When PING does work what do the times look like? I'd look at static routing
for a bit (if practical) or changing your OSPF HELLO intervals to see if
that does anything.  Here's a good link on troubleshooting
OSPF adjacency changes:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094050.shtml