Repeated Blacklisting / IP reputation

Jason Bertoch jason at i6ix.com
Tue Sep 8 17:59:59 UTC 2009

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> That said most of the larger players already attend MAAWG - that
> leaves rural ISPs, small universities, corporate mailservers etc etc
> that dont have full time postmasters, and where you're more likely to
> run into this issue.

I've found the opposite to hold true more often.  Smaller organizations
can use public blacklists for free, due to their low volume, and so have
little incentive to run their own local blacklist.  I've typically seen
the larger organizations run their own blacklists and are much more
difficult to contact for removal.