Repeated Blacklisting / IP reputation

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 17:53:38 UTC 2009

John, its about the same situation you get when people use manually
updated bogon filters.

A much larger problem, I must admit ..  having ISPs follow the maawg
best practices might help, that - and attending MAAWG sessions
(www.maawg.org -> Published Documents)

That said most of the larger players already attend MAAWG - that
leaves rural ISPs, small universities, corporate mailservers etc etc
that dont have full time postmasters, and where you're more likely to
run into this issue.

If you see actual large carriers with outdated blocklist entries after
they're removed from (say) the spamhaus pbl, then maybe MAAWG needs to
come to nanog / arin meetings .. plenty of maawg types attend those
that all that needs to be done is to free up a presentation slot or
two.

--srs

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)