IPv6 "real world" testing plea...

Ben Matthew Ben.Matthew at timlradio.co.uk
Mon Sep 7 15:45:30 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

Could really use some feedback here as it's quite difficult to test IPv6 services given nobody really seems to give much of a toss about it in the "real world".

I work for Absolute Radio in the UK (formally Virgin Radio) - a national commercial radio service - and we have always been quite keen to support as many platforms and technologies as we can for our online streaming listeners.

As such I want to make sure our own network and infrastructure can be as IPv6 ready as we can.  Our network has a couple of good transit links for IPv6 including, if I may name check for a second, Hurricane Electric who have been very supportive of IPv6 with us.

Anyhoo; I'm relatively happy that our first native IPv6 streaming platform is working ok but I'd appreciate it if anyone out there who is IPv6 enabled would have a go and let me know if there are any issues.  If you experience buffering or drop-outs it'd be great to receive (off-list) a traceroute so I might diagnose.

Only Windows Media at the moment, but I hope to launch a icecast driven OGG stream soon as well along with some multicast variants....

Addresses are:
http://wm-ipv6.as34763.net/vruk_vr_hi                               [Absolute Radio (Poprock)]
http://wm-ipv6.as34763.net/vruk_vc_hi                              [Absolute Radio Classic Rock]
http://wm-ipv6.as34763.net/vruk_vx_hi                              [Absolute Radio Xtreme  (Mainstream alternative*)]

If tests are successful hopefully we can launch publically and encourage a few other broadcasters (and indeed network providers) to take IPv6 more seriously.

Cheers,

Ben

*yeah alright that's a complete oxymoron; but I don't know how else to describe it!

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain confidential information. If it is not intended for you, please inform the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately. Any review, retransmission, disclosure, copying or modification of it is strictly forbidden. Please be advised that the views and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not reflect the views and opinions of TIML Radio Limited or any of its parent and subsidiary companies.
Whilst we take reasonable precautions to ensure that our emails are free from viruses, we cannot be responsible for any viruses transmitted with this e-mail and recommend that you subject any incoming e-mail to your own virus checking procedures. Use of this or any other e-mail facility signifies consent to any interception we might lawfully carry out to prevent abuse of these facilities.
TIML Radio Limited (trading as Absolute Radio)
Registered office: One Golden Square, London. W1F 9DJ
Registered in England No 02674136 VAT No 927 2572 11