Network Ring

Truman Boyes truman at suspicious.org
Mon Sep 7 12:00:54 UTC 2009

Hi there,

Keep it really simple. MPLS/VPLS is the most scalable method to create
Layer 2 and Layer 3 connectivity between sites. As previously
mentioned, try to stick with one vendor, one code version for all the
POPs, and use protocols that are designed to scale well. (ie. MP-BGP)

If your goal is to provide layer 2 around across all 15 POPs you don't
actually need to build a ring. With MPLS/VPLS you can use any topology
that provides you the necessary efficiency and reliability.

MPLS can be used on any of the transport technologies that are
available to you (ie. SDH / dark fiber / dwdm / etc) ...

Kind regards,
Truman