Telstra issues

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Thu Sep 3 05:47:30 UTC 2009

On 03/09/2009, at 2:52 PM, Andrew Parnell wrote:

> I saw the wierest thing earlier this evening where one of our two /
> 24 routes
> in sydney disappeared from the internet - from both our telstra and
> verizon
> connections.  The only explanation i could come up with was that
> Australia
> had been somehow bizarrely severed from the internet.  Anybody else
> happen
> to also run a network in Australia who saw something strange today?

We run one which isn't connected to Telstra :-)

There are media reports this morning of major outages in Telstra's
domestic
network.
http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,26021106-15306,00.html

    - mark

Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au
  (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:
newton at atdot.dotat.org  (H)
Internode Pty Ltd                         Desk:   +61-8-82282999