Network load test equipment

Luan Nguyen luan at netcraftsmen.net
Wed Sep 2 19:12:00 UTC 2009

You can't go wrong with IXIA.
http://www.ixiacom.com/how_to_buy/ixrent/

Regards,

------------------------------
Luan Nguyen
Chesapeake NetCraftsmen, LLC.
http://www.netcraftsmen.net
-------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Schwimer [mailto:gschwim at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 3:00 PM
To: nanog
Subject: Network load test equipment

I'm looking for equipment that can be used to load test network equipment
such as switches, routers, firewall, and load balancers with pre-defined
traffic patterns at differing rates.  Ideally, this is only something I
think I'll need 2-3x a year, so purchasing is not necessarily justifiable.
I'd prefer to rent.  What products have you used?  Where did you get them
from?

I need to be able to run pre-defined traffic patterns at various rates, in
excess of 10Gbps in most cases.

Thanks!
Greg