Ready to get your federal computer license?

Eric Brunner-Williams brunner at nic-naa.net
Tue Sep 1 02:18:27 UTC 2009

The order arose from Cobell v. Salazar (was C. v. Kempthorne, was C. v.
Norton, was C. v. Babbitt). On October 20th, 2005, Judge Royce C.
Lamberth ordered the Interior Department to disconnect from the Internet
all computer systems that house or provide access to Individual Indian
Trust records. "Indian Trust records continue to be in imminent risk of
being manipulated and destroyed by computer hackers."

The link to the ruling is
http://wampum.wabanaki.net/archives/20051020ITPI.pdf

Former Interior Deputy Secretary Steven Griles was sentenced to 10
months in prison for obstructing a U.S. Senate investigation of Jack A.
Abramoff. He was also ordered to pay a fine of $30,000, and serve a term
of three years of supervised release.

Eric