more ISP regulation for UK ?

jul jul_bsd at yahoo.fr
Fri Oct 30 05:21:20 UTC 2009

After Nederlands, things may also move in UK against eCrime

+ apComms backs ISP cleanup activity
http://www.lightbluetouchpaper.org/2009/10/17/apcomms-backs-isp-cleanup-activity/

Extract:
The All Party Parliamentary Communications Group (apComms) recently
published their report into an inquiry entitled “Can we keep our hands
off the net?”
They looked at a number of issues, from “network neutrality” to how best
to deal with child sexual abuse images. Read the report for the all the
details; in this post I’m just going to draw attention to one of the
most interesting, and timely, recommendations:
51. We recommend that UK ISPs, through Ofcom, ISPA or another
appropriate organisation, immediately start the process of agreeing a
voluntary code for detection of, and effective dealing with, malware
infected machines in the UK.
52. If this voluntary approach fails to yield results in a timely
manner, then we further recommend that Ofcom unilaterally create such a
code, and impose it upon the UK ISP industry on a statutory basis.

Best regards,

	Julien