EdgeWater EdgeMarc 4610W

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Fri Oct 30 03:51:37 UTC 2009

Haven't had my hands on the 4610W yet, but I've been using (and have been a
big fan of) Edgemarcs for some time.  It does what it says and well, I love
the support guys, and their price point is much better than most of the
competitors.

Some of my favorite features do come from the fact that they are Linux
based, such as being able to run tcpdump for troubleshooting SIP signaling
(or any network issue) in real time.

They also have a really nice EMS that's quite worth it if you have enough of
these deployed.  It can alert on call quality issues based on MOS score, as
well as standard up/down status.

The only real "downside" is the licensing of concurrent calls.  The
licensing of the T1's is actually really nice so that you can get the box at
a lower pricepoint, but grow it in service if you need more T1 capacity
later on.

If anyone has any more specific questions about using these in the real
world I'd be happy to answer.

  -Scott