IPv6 Deployment for the LAN

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Oct 28 23:40:46 UTC 2009

>> This would be a big mistake. Fate sharing between the device that
>> advertises the presence of a router and the device that forwards packets
>> makes RAs much more robust than DHCPv4.
> No, what we want are better first hop redundancy protocols, and DHCP for
> v6, so that everyone who has extracted any value from DHCP in their toolkit
> can continue to do so, and roll out v6 !

no.  what we need is more religious v6 fanatics to make use of v6 hard
to roll out on existing networks.  after all, v6 is soooo wonderful we
should be happy to double our opex for the privilege of using such a
fantastic protocol.

v6 fanaticism has done vastly more damage to v6 deployment than the v6
haters.  arrogance kills.

randy