Redundant Data Center Architectures

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Wed Oct 28 17:48:00 UTC 2009

On Oct 29, 2009, at 12:44 AM, Brandon Galbraith wrote:

> Somewhere on video.google.com is a Google I/O talk explaining the
> hell that
> is active/active redundancy and how hard it is to achieve at layers
> 4-7.

Depends upon the type of apps, amount of required concurrency, etc.

It's easy on the front-end (which is where most of the drama tends to
take place, anyways); it's the middle and back-end tiers which require
some work, but it certainly can be and is accomplished daily, for both
simple and more complex systems.

The smart money makes use of various existing *aaS platforms to
accomplish this without having to re-invent the wheel every time.

Sorry, sometimes I mistake your existential crises for technical
insights.

			-- xkcd #625