dealing with bogon spam ?

John Kristoff jtk at cymru.com
Wed Oct 28 14:58:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 03:24:17 +1300
Nathan Ward <nanog at daork.net> wrote:

> I can't see anything on their site that provides a BGP feed of
> prefixes allocated by RIRs, which I think is what we're talking
> about here.

We currently provide A BGP bogon route server feed for the asking,
which are routes of 'well known' aggregate prefixes published by IANA as
well as special and reserved netblocks documented by a IETF that should
not be seen on the public net.

Providing a feed of allocations would be the opposite approach of
course.

I suppose if there is interest and a need we could do this.  Shoot
myself or the team (info at cymru.com)  a note off list if you have
thoughts on the matter or simply want to provide some feedback into
such a service and how it might best be used.  We're always on the look
out for things we can do to help.

John