Redundant Data Center Architectures

Stefan Fouant sfouant at novadatacom.com
Wed Oct 28 13:26:01 UTC 2009

I'm wondering what are the growing trends in connecting Data Centers for redundancy in DR/COOP environments.  I imagine VPLS has a big play here, but I'm willing to bet there are all sorts of weirdness that such environments can create, such as the effect it may have on DR elections, etc.  Also, what are your experiences in replication of storage over WAN links?  Are people tending towards iSCSI or do trends indicate that FCoE or FCoIP may become the preferred mechanism?  Any experience with WAN acceleration in such environments?

Thanks in advance!

--
Stefan Fouant