dealing with bogon spam ?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Oct 28 11:14:07 UTC 2009

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 16:57:17 PDT, Leslie said:
> We're seeing a decent chunk of spam coming from an unallocated block of
> address space.

Fear not, this will end when we run out of IPv4 space not too many months
down the road :)

I admit to remaining confused as to why we still keep seeing providers who fail
to do basic due-diligence like BCP38 filtering of packets, or asking a new BGP
peer what they expect to announce and then filter based on that. I mean, come
on guys - sure they may be 6 cents a meg cheaper, but do you really want to buy
connectivity from a provider that can't run their network in a proper fashion?

Don't answer that. ;)