ISP/VPN's to China?

Michael Dillon wavetossed at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 27 12:05:52 UTC 2009

> I have a client in the US looking to connect up an office in China and I'm
> wondering what type of connections are avilable and wether IPSEC VPNs can be
> established through the 'Great firewall of China'.

If you want an IP-MPLS VPN, BT has PoPs in Beijing, Guangzhou,
Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Check the web for more details and contact info:
<http://globalservices.bt.com/globalLocation.do?method=VIEW&country=cn>

You won't run into any problems running IPSEC over the MPLS network if
you still feel the need for encryption. You can also get Internet
access over the VPN and that access is from a gateway outside the
Great Firewall.

I imagine we are not the only global network offering such
connectivity in China.

--Michael Dillon