DMCA takedowns of networks

Brian Johnson bjohnson at drtel.com
Mon Oct 26 14:40:35 UTC 2009

> > So why are we having this discussion?
>
> Because it appears that HE took down non-infringing sites?
>
> Excuse me for stating the obvious.  :-)
>
> ... JG
> --
> Joe Greco - sol.net Network Services - Milwaukee, WI -

On the technical side of this question...

Let's say that a customer is doing virtual hosting. So they have a bunch
of sites (Let's say hundreds) on a single IP address. Given that one of
the sites is misbehaving (use your own definition), how would a provider
block the one site, without blocking others that share the same IP
address, without looking at every port 80 request and parsing for the
header for the URL?

Is there a better solution that doesn't require intrusive parsing?

- Brian