DMCA takedowns of networks

Sven Olaf Kamphuis sven at cb3rob.net
Mon Oct 26 10:26:49 UTC 2009

> I am a strong advocate of free speech and have a track record for both
> supporting and exercising it.  But the dissenters must be responsible.
> Copying a site - copyright infringement - is never free speech, it is
> illegal activity.  I really don't even care if there is a legal

omg... "it's morally wrong"..!!1oneoneeleven

well.. that's up for discussion and btw, copyright law was created to
protect the investment in a book printing press in order to accomodate
people to be able to publish their views on things.

now that they can use our internet to publish their work, copyright has
become obsolete. (and no, their jedi mind tricks don't work).

not to provide leeching attorney firms and lazy artists with free money
over the back of the general population.

when considering if a law holds any legal value one must look at the
situation for which the law was created, as well as democratic aspects and
wether it can and should be enforced. (putting 99% of the population in
prison because 1% has corrupted the governments and wants to make money on
products people clearly no longer want, which they try to sell using an
even more outdated business model, isn't rather democratic ;)

darwin bitch, the 70s are over.

as my 386 already generated all possible combinations of sheet music
somewhere in 1996, i'd say all copyrights on music now belong to me.
so far for "feasability" (i'm quite sure they piss their pants we would
ever enforce their own laws against them, blocking them from ever releasing
anything again).

there are also people that consider porn "morally wrong" yet porn paid for
the entire internet infrastructure, and then ofcourse there are people
that consider computers in general "the tool of the devil".

you can't give any idiot with some fake "morals" their way.

furthermore, we own the internet, we make the rules.
use is on an as-is basis and if anyone is to be kicked out they can be
damn sure it will be the MPAA/RIAA members first (there is after all, as
they so nicely point out themselves, no basic right to having your packets
relayed, so they'd better act friendly to isps, or paramount pictures may
well find their own networks inaccessible from most of the world rather
soon). at this moment, we can see such people as nothing else but a clear
threat to the internet itself.

--

Sven Olaf Kamphuis
CB3ROB DataServices

Phone: +31/87-8747479
Skype: CB3ROB
MSN:   sven at cb3rob.net
C.V.:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/cb3rob

Confidential: Please be advised that the information contained in this
email message, including all attached documents or files, is privileged
and confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual or
individuals addressed. Any other use, dissemination, distribution or