IPv6 Deployment for the LAN

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu Oct 22 12:45:29 UTC 2009

On 22/10/2009 12:49, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> 	its been a few weeks/years/minutes since I ran an exchange fabric,
> 	but when we first turned up IPv6 - the first thing they did was try
> 	to hand all the other routers IPv6 addresses.  that pesky RA/ND
> 	thing... had to turn it off ...  RA preference would not work, since
> 	there was no -pecking- order - all the routers were peers.

Bill, I am not able to look at this paragraph without being reminded of
Charles Babbage's take on the GIGO principal:

"On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able
rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such
a question."

Nick