ISP/VPN's to China?

Fred Baker fred at cisco.com
Wed Oct 21 18:16:28 UTC 2009

I travel to China at least once a year, often several times. I
generally visit major cities like Shanghai and Beijing, but have been
to a number of other cities. I generally use Cisco VPN (an IPsec VPN)
to Cisco DMZs in Tokyo or Hong Kong for business purposes. As with
hotels in other parts of the world, congestive interference depends a
lot on the hotel and what the person you're competing with is doing. I
can tell you a few horror stories if you're amused by them, but in
recent years things have been improving.