IPv6 internet broken, cogent/telia/hurricane not peering

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Wed Oct 21 05:53:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Mike Leber <mleber at he.net> wrote:

> We don't ignore comments about connectivity, in fact quite the opposite.
>  We study each AS and which ASes are behind them.  We work on getting
> peering with the specific AS, in the case that they are unresponsive,
> getting the ASes behind them.
>
> Among the things we do to discuss peering: send email to any relevant
> contacts, call them, contact them on IRC, send people to the relevant
> conferences to seek them out specifically, send people to their offices,
> etc.
>
> So far we stop short of baking cakes, but hey...

And tonight we saw in public that even that path is being attempted:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77519640@N00/4031434206/

(and yes, it was yummy and enjoyed by all at the peering BoF!)

So Cogent...won't you please make nice with HE.net and get back
together again?   ^_^

Matt
(speaking for neither party, but very happy to eat cake nonetheless)