IPv6 Allocations

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Tue Oct 20 01:22:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Simon Perreault <
simon.perreault at viagenie.ca> wrote:

> Esposito, Victor wrote, on 2009-10-19 16:01:
> > Since there is a lot of conversation about IPv6 flying about, does
> > anyone have a document or link to a good high level allocation structure
> > for v6?
>
> See RFC 3531 and here:
>
> http://www.ipv6book.ca/allocation.html
>

> Simon

I'm sure I'm just dumb, but no matter what numbers I put into that
tool, it only spits out a series of /32s on the HTML output.  That
doesn't seem terribly useful, as most of us aren't going to be allocating
multiple /32s, we'll be splitting up a single /32 into smaller bits.

Matt