Cisco VSS-1440 migration query

Leland Vandervort leland at taranta.discpro.org
Mon Oct 19 17:45:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 13:06 -0400, Jason Giles wrote:
> >From my test, all physical interfaces configs on switch 2 are factory defaulted and SVI interfaces deleted on switch 2 upon running the conversion commands.

This one is alarming, especially given that there may well be some
physical interfaces that are only present/used on one of the two chassis
in the group.  Would be interesting to see if they are defaulted to
factory or not.  (I would expect unused ports to be defaulted, but not
ones actually configured and actively in use).  Don't suppose you're
able to test that one?

However, this sounds like good news for the VLAN/virtual interfaces
though.

> Switch 1 is intact with the new naming convention as well as SVI's.
>
> I cannot comment on glbp as I do not run it.

The glbp isn't really that much of a worry since those are being
converted from HSRP anyway so will have to manually do those.

> /Jason

Thanks dude... sounds like it partially answers my question, but raises
another ;)

L.