IPv6 Deployment for the LAN

TJ trejrco at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 11:58:00 UTC 2009

"> RA is needed to tell a host to use DHCPv6
This is not ideal."

That is entirely a matter of opinion, and one frequently debated still.

FWLIW - I think RAs are a perfectly fine way to distribute information about
the router itself, and to provide hints about the environment (e.g. - "Yes,
we do Stateful DHCPv6 here ("+M", and "+O' as well" ...)

/TJ