Is v6 as important as v4? Of course not [was: IPv6 internet broken, cogent/telia/hurricane not peering]

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed Oct 14 15:11:51 UTC 2009

On Oct 14, 2009, at 9:32 AM, Randy Bush wrote:

>> I think you are stretching things to make a pithy post.  More
>> importantly, you are missing the point.
>
> and hundreds of words do not cover that you accused HE of something
> for
> which you had no basis in fact.  type less, analyse and think more.

I expanded to try and get you to see the point.  I obviously failed.
I shall not bother to try again as I'm worried the failure was at
least partially because you would rather be pithy than see the point
not matter how fully explained.

As for facts, there is lots of basis.  HE has run a network for
decades and has never let a v4 bifurcation happen so long.  Ever.
They've run v6 for a few years yet it happened.  Asking the network in
question's view on this perfectly reasonable - in fact the opposite
would be unreasonable.

As for accusations, I challenge you to show where I accused them of
anything.

Typing less does not mean you are actually thinking.  You should try
the latter before your next pithy post.  Or at least read the post to
which you are replying.

--
TTFN,
patrick