ISP customer assignments

Scott Morris swm at emanon.com
Wed Oct 14 00:42:44 UTC 2009

While entirely possible, I actually view it going the other way.  RFC
3627 points out some nice issues as far as DAD and anycast operation is
concerned, but what I'd see (just my random opinion as I haven't
bothered to write an RFC) is that it would make entirely much more sense
to come up with a structure to STOP the anycast performance on a link
that is point-to-point.

While there are 340 undecillion addresses, that doesn't mean we need to
waste a /64 on a link that will possibly only have two addresses anyway.

My two cents.

Scott