ISP customer assignments

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Oct 13 12:28:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 07:39:46 EDT, Scott Morris said:
> No idea, I haven't looked at that stuff in a while.   But I would assume
> so, as it's easier to build a foundation than jumping straight to
> something difficult?

Unfortunately, classful addressing is a foundation for networking the same way
Roman numerals were a foundation for arithmetic. Both are "the way we used
to do it", neither is relevant anymore, and once learned, both are bad habits
that actively inhibit learning the more useful methods...

And yes, as a matter of fact, I *did* start learning calculus in grade school.
Have to admit that partial derivatives stumped me until middle school, though.